Louisiana Champions Day to Run Saturday at The Fair Grounds Racecourse and Slots
on December 11, 2021
Six $1,000 College Scholarship Drawings Scheduled
(New Orleans, La.) – Louisiana Champions Day nominations close Saturday, November 27th. The Fair Grounds Racecourse and Slots is managing the 2021 Louisiana Champions Day nominations. All nominations and inquiries regarding Louisiana Champions Day races go directly to Fair Grounds. The phone number for the Racing Office is 504-948-1111.
“Champions Day is a big day for Louisiana bred racehorses with some of the most exciting finishes for the 2021 season,” said Heitzmann. “The purse money exceeds a million dollars and will have competitive fields. If you haven’t been to Champions Day, this year is a great year to get to the racetrack for the holidays.”
On Louisiana Champions Day will host drawings for six (6) $1,000 scholarships; four awarded by LTBA and two awarded by The Fair Grounds Racecourse and Slots. Students must be registered full time for the winter/spring semester to be eligible. Scholarship registration will be from 11:00 a.m. until noon at the designated table, with two drawings each after the fifth, sixth and seventh races. Scholarship hopefuls must be present at the Winners Circle at The Fair Grounds Racecourse and Slot to win.
The criteria for the six scholarships on December 11, Louisiana Champions Day are:
- Must be a college student enrolled full-time in an Accredited College, University or Community College for Winter/Spring 2022.
- Scholarships will be awarded by random draw.
- Must be in good standing with the college or university.
- Must be present to win at the Winner’s Circle when the announcement is made.
- Must have college ID and government-issued ID.
- Must have University ID number or Social Security number.
For Louisiana Champions Day:
- Registration: 11:00 a.m. – 12:00 noon at the designated booth
- Races begin: 12:00 noon
- Drawing Time: Two scholarships will be awarded after the fifth, sixth and seventh races. The scholarship will be deposited directly into the student’s account at the college or university. The student is asked to know the name and address of the college that they are attending.
“Our scholarship program helps fund several students pursue their degree programs in Community Colleges, Universities and other accredited higher education programs,” said Roger Heitzmann, secretary/treasurer LTBA. “We often hear from the award winners about how much this helped them continue their course of study. The students are pursuing all types of degree programs and it just our small part in encouraging them to complete their studies.”
The Fair Grounds currently has Covid restrictions in place. Covid rules in New Orleans change frequently, please check before coming to the track to see what restrictions are in place for the day. Currently race season will open with spectators who must show proof of vaccine or a negative test.
For more information about Louisiana Thoroughbred Breeders Association visit louisianabred.com or call (504) 947-4676.