IMPORTANT TTA DEADLINES APPROACHING
TTA BOARD OF DIRECTORS DEADLINE
December 15, 2021 is the deadline for RECEIPT of ballots in the election of directors to serve 3-year terms (2022 – 2024). Ballots received after that date cannot be counted. Mail your ballot in today!
1) December 31, 2021 is the deadline for accrediting yearlings (foals of 2020) at the TTA member rate of $200 ($250 for non-members). The fee to accredit foals of 2020 AFTER December 31, 2021 but by December 31, 2022 is $750 for TTA members ($800 for non-members).
2) Be sure that mares that will foal in Texas in 2022 are Texas accredited and that ATB race fillies have been converted to breeding stock before they foal to automatically be eligible for ATB breeder awards. You may email the mare’s name to me and I will verify the status. The fee to accredit a mare before she foals is only $75 (TTA member rate). NOTE: If a mare is not accredited before she foals, the only way to be eligible for ATB breeder awards on that foal is to pay a supplemental mare accreditation fee in the amount of $150 (TTA member rate) during the year of foaling.
December 31, 2021 is the deadline to:
1) Nominate eligible foals of 2021 to the Texas Stallion Stakes Series for $100.
2) Nominate eligible foals of 2020 (not previously nominated) to the Texas Stallion Stakes Series for $500.
3) The Texas Thoroughbred Association is pleased to introduce a revamped Texas Thoroughbred Association Futurity and the new Texas Thoroughbred Association Derby and Oaks, with purses totaling more than $500,000.
All foals of 2020 that passed through the ring in either the 2021 Texas Summer Yearling and Horses of Racing Age Sale, the 2020 Texas Winter Mixed Sale, or are consigned to and subsequently pass through the ring at the 2022 Texas 2-Year-Olds in Training Sale are eligible for these races.
The new format eliminates the previous nomination and sustaining payment schedule. All eligible Sales Graduates may simply pay the entry and start fee in the track racing office at the appropriate time.
ATB Berth Entries: For every horse that passed through the ring at the 2021 Texas Summer Yearling and Horses of Racing Age Sale, each consignor and each buyer will receive a non-transferable berth into either division of the race. Any Thoroughbred foal of 2020 is eligible to be sold in the sales and nominated to the Futurity. Additional berths must be filled with an Accredited Texas-bred Thoroughbred foal of 2020 that did not pass through the ring at the 2020 Texas Winter Mixed Sale or the 2021 Texas Summer Yearling and Horses of Racing Age Sale.Berth horses must be declared to the Texas Thoroughbred Association by December 31, 2021 with a one-time payment of $150. Once a berth horse is designated, ownership of that horse may be transferred with the horse still remaining eligible for the appropriate division of 2022 Texas Thoroughbred Sales Futurity and the 2023 Texas Thoroughbred Derby or Oaks.
4) Nominate accredited stallions that will be standing in Texas in 2022 to the Texas Stallion Stakes for the 2022 breeding season.
Remember: Foals by stallions nominated to the Texas Stallion Stakes for the season in which those foals were conceived need not be foaled in Texas to be eligible for the Texas Stallion Stakes Series.
All deadline dates are email, fax or postmark dates.
Please contact me with any questions.
Texas Thoroughbred Association
192 Cimarron Park Loop, Suite A
Buda, TX 78610