Louisiana Thoroughbred Breeders Association would like to share the following list of dates of interest to Louisiana horsemen and women.
Brought to you by Whispering Oaks Farm, and Louisiana Thoroughbred Breeders Association. Click images to link to more information
- Louisiana Champions Day Entry Day
- Pan Zareta Stakes, New Orleans Fair Grounds
- LTBA Board of Directors Meeting, 1:00 p.m., HBPA Main Office, Gentilly Blvd., New Orleans
- The Magic City Classic, New Orleans Fair Grounds
- 31st Annual Louisiana Champions Day, 7 stakes for Louisiana Bred Thoroughbreds, 3 stakes for Louisiana Bred Quarter Horses New Orleans Fair Grounds, 1st Post 12:00 noon
- Louisiana Champions Day, Race Central, 11:00 through last race, New Orleans Fair Grounds, Black Gold Room. Lunch is served from 1pm – 3pm. No Reservations Required. First come first served.
- LTBA Scholarship Drawings; six $1,000 scholarships for current college students.
- Anyone with information about Louisiana Breds winning outside of North America, please contact Roger Heitzmann (Roger@louisianabred.com)
- Christmas Eve – LTBA office closed
- Christmas – LTBA office closed
- Road To The Derby Kickoff Day
Tenacious Stakes, Richard R. Scherer Memorial Stakes, Blushing KD Stakes, Gun Runner Stakes, Untapable Stakes, Buddy Diliberto Memorial Stakes.
- Joseph E. “Spanky” Broussard Memorial Stakes, New Orleans Fair Grounds
- Woodchopper Stakes, New Orleans Fair Grounds
- Pago Hop Stakes, New Orleans Fair Grounds
- Sugar Bowl Stakes, New Orleans Fair Grounds
- Letellier Memorial Stakes, New Orleans Fair Grounds
- New Years Eve
- Lookout Stakes, Delta Downs
- Louisiana Futurity, Divisions for Fillies and for Colts and Geldings, New Orleans Fair Grounds
- Louisiana Stallion Registrations Due
- Louisiana Futurity Nominations Due (pregnant mares)
- FINAL DAY to apply for accreditation of 2021 Louisiana Bred foal at weanling rate of $75. As of January 1, 2022, 2021 foals become yearlings and the rate increases to $250.
- New Year’s Day – LTBA office closed
Would you like to sponsor a newsletter? Reach @ 2,500 readers.Please contact Linda 985-386-0360, firstname.lastname@example.org or Roger 504-947-4676, email@example.com for cost and availability.
Do you have a date pertaining to Louisiana-breds that you would like included in an upcoming calendar? Please contact Linda 985-386-0360, firstname.lastname@example.org or Roger 504-947-4676, email@example.com consideration.
Any questions or need more info call
Roger A. Heitzmann III, Secretary/Treasurer
Louisiana Thoroughbred Breeders Association