Registration On Site at Delta Downs Saturday, February 4, 2023
(VINTON, La.) – Delta Downs Racetrack & Casino will host Louisiana Premier Night Saturday, February 4, with a post time of 4:50 p.m. CT. Plenty of activities are planned for a big day of championship Louisiana bred racing. Eleven races will be contested including ten stakes.
The stakes races are as follows with over $800,000 in guaranteed purses are on the line.
- LA Bred Premier Ladies Starter – $60,000 Purse
- LA Bred Premier Gentlemen Starter – $60,000 Purse
- LA Bred Premier Ragin Cajun Starter – $50,000 Purse
- LA Premier Bon Temps Starter – $50,000 Purse
- LA Premier Prince – $100,000 Purse
- LA Premier Distaff – $125,000 Purse
- LA Premier Starlet – $100,000 Purse
- LA Premier Championship – $150,000 Purse
- LA Premier Sprint – $100,000 Purse
- LA Premier Matron – $100,000 Purse
In addition on Premier Night, the Louisiana Thoroughbred Breeders Association (LTBA) will award two scholarships, each valued at $1,000, to college students.
“We want you to enjoy these races with Louisiana’s best equine superstars,” said Roger Heitzmann, secretary/treasurer for the Louisiana Thoroughbred Breeders Association. “These championship races often help decide our Horse of the Year standings by our members and our scholarship awards continue to fund the education of our youth in Louisiana.”
Requirements for the scholarship are as follows:
- Must be a college student enrolled full-time in an Accredited College, University or Community College for Spring 2023 or Summer 2023
- Scholarships will be awarded by random draw.
- Must be in good standing with the college or university.
- Must be present to win at the Winner’s Circle when the announcement is made.
- Must have college ID and government-issued ID.
- Must have University ID number or Social Security number.
For Louisiana Premier Night:
- Registration: 3:50 p,m. – 4:50 p.m. at the designated booth
- Races begin: 4:50 p.m.
- Drawing Time: The scholarships will be awarded after the fifth race.The scholarship will be deposited directly into the student’s account at the college or university. The student is asked to know the name and address of the college that they are attending.
Louisiana Thoroughbred Breeders Association manages the best incentive program for breeding thoroughbreds in the United States. Since the organization formed, this has led to increased purses, better quality horses, and increased interest in racing and breeding horses. The thoroughbred racing and breeding industry generates over $1 billion and employs over 60,000 people in the state of Louisiana.
For more information about Louisiana Thoroughbred Breeders Association visit louisianabred.com
or call (504) 947-4676.