|IMPORTANT TTA DEADLINES APPROACHING
TTA BOARD OF DIRECTORS DEADLINE
December 15, 2023 is the deadline for RECEIPT of ballots in the election of directors to serve 3-year terms (2024 – 2026). Ballots received after that date cannot be counted. Mail your ballot in today!
1) December 31, 2023 is the deadline for accrediting yearlings (foals of 2022) at the TTA member rate of $200 ($250 for non-members). The fee to accredit foals of 2022 AFTER December 31, 2023 but by December 31, 2024 is $750 for TTA members ($800 for non-members).
2) Be sure that mares that will foal in Texas in 2024 are Texas accredited and that ATB race fillies have been converted to breeding stock before they foal to automatically be eligible for ATB breeder awards. You may email the mare’s name to me and I will verify the status. The fee to accredit a mare before she foals is only $75 (TTA member rate). NOTE: If a mare is not accredited before she foals, the only way to be eligible for ATB breeder awards on that foal is to pay a supplemental mare accreditation fee in the amount of $150 (TTA member rate) during the same year of foaling.
December 31, 2023 is the deadline to:
1) Nominate eligible foals of 2023 to the Texas Stallion Stakes Series for $100.
2) Nominate eligible foals of 2022 (not previously nominated) to the Texas Stallion Stakes Series for $500.
3) The Texas Thoroughbred Association is pleased to continue the Texas Thoroughbred Association Futurity with purses of $150,000 for each division and introduce the new Texas Thoroughbred Association Derby and Oaks, with purses of $100,000 each.
All foals of 2022 that passed through the ring in the 2023 Texas Summer Yearling Sale or are consigned to and subsequently pass through the ring at the 2024 Texas 2-Year-Olds in Training Sale are eligible for these races.
There are no nomination or sustaining payments to be made. All eligible Sales Graduates may simply pay the entry and start fee in the track racing office at the appropriate time.
ATB Berth Entries: For every horse that passed through the ring at the 2023 Texas Summer Yearling Sale, each consignor and each buyer will receive a non-transferable berth into either division of the race. Any Thoroughbred foal of 2022 is eligible to be sold in the sales and nominated to the Futurity, Derby or Oaks. Additional berths must be filled with an Accredited Texas-bred Thoroughbred foal of 2022 that did not pass through the ring at the 2023 Texas Summer Yearling Sale. Berth horses must be declared to the Texas Thoroughbred Association by December 31, 2023 with a one-time payment of $150. Once a berth horse is designated, ownership of that horse may be transferred with the horse still remaining eligible for the appropriate division of 2024 Texas Thoroughbred Sales Futurity and the 2025 Texas Thoroughbred Derby or Oaks.
4) Nominate accredited stallions that will be standing in Texas in 2024 to the Texas Stallion Stakes for the 2024 breeding season.
Remember: Foals by stallions nominated to the Texas Stallion Stakes need not be foaled in Texas nor be Accredited Texas-breds to be eligible for the Texas Stallion Stakes Series.
All deadline dates are email, fax or postmark dates.
Forms are available at http://texasthoroughbred.com/texas-bred/forms/.
Please contact me with any questions.
Texas Thoroughbred Association
192 Cimarron Park Loop, Suite A
Buda, TX 78610